Snyder Realty began its service to the Tuscarawas County area in 1941. The Snyder family tradition began what continues today as a four-generation, 81-year old, professional real estate appraisal and brokerage company.
E.W. Snyder was joined by his son, Charles 0., in 1944. With the company prospering in new construction and residential sales, the 1950’s and early 1960’s brought forth expansion into the commercial real estate arena. The retirement of E.W. created a period between 1960 and 1975 when the firm continued as a single broker firm specializing in both residential and commercial sales and appraisals. The third generation began in 1975 when Charles G. (Gil) Snyder joined the firm.
While continuing the long tradition of real estate sales, the firm broadened its presence with the Charles G. Snyder Company, a real estate appraisal and consulting company. The firm is anchored by Charles G. (Gil) Snyder who holds the RM and MAI designations. From a single appraisal firm in 1975, the company has grown to include two offices and a professional staff of 20 employees. The firm specializes in residential, commercial, special purpose, and environmental impaired analyses.
Today, the Charles G. Snyder Company continues a long tradition of providing specialized real estate sales and appraisal services. This four generation real estate appraisal and consulting firm provides an array of services in both Ohio and West Virginia on a routine basis.
In 2021 the Ohio House of Representatives presented the firm with a proclamation celebrating our 45 years of appraisal work in the state.